All of us at Breath Mate believe that women and children should have the opportunity to live free of violence and abuse. From every purchase of Breath Mate, Breath Mate provides five cents to Yorktown Shelter for Women, a non-profit organization with the vision that “all women and children will live lives free of violence and abuse”.
National statistics reflect*
- Half of all women in Canada have experienced at least one incident of physical or sexual violence since the age of 16.
- 67% of Canadians say they have personally known at least one woman who has experienced physical or sexual abuse.
- Approximately every six days, a woman in Canada is killed by her intimate partner. Out of the 83 police-reported intimate partner homicides in 2014, 67 of the victims — over 80% were women.
- On any given night in Canada, 3,491 women and their 2,724 children sleep in shelters because it isn’t safe at home.
- On any given night, about 300 women and children are turned away because shelters are already full.
*Compiled by the Canadian Women’s Foundation
Your Breath Mate purchase helps women and children escape lives of violence and abuse.
To find out more about Yorktown Shelter for Women or to make a donation directly Click here
SIGN UP TO RECEIVE OUR NEWSLETTER AND SPECIAL OFFERS.